A bit about me....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lessons I have learned and hope to learn

I know that I am just in the beginning stages of all the things that I will learn while preparing myself as a future educator. The biggest lesson I have learned so far is to not write of the fact that it has been to many years since you have learned about technology that you feel it is not important to be up to date with it. I was very quick to say well it has been more then 12 years since I have been out of school so I just don't get all this computer stuff now. I felt it was not necessary. People have been learning the old fashioned way for many years and I can continue to teach that way. Boy was I wrong. I am so glad that I have been enlightened on the technology world. It would have been such a shame if I kept thinking like that. The things I would have missed out on but especially the things the kids would have missed out on. This is their world right now and this is how they learn best. I truly feel that we are going to be better for it because it is such a hands on learning. learning by doing instead of the "burp back education". I am so glad that I am not going to fall victim to that kind of teaching and that I have been educated now myself.
I am not naive, thinking that I will know it all. Trust me it will go faster and further then I can keep up with. But with that being said , I will make a promise to not only myself but to my future students to do my best to keep up with all the new and different ways of using technology. I can only imagine what is to come. It is an exciting world of learning and it is so neat to see it change and what a difference it can all make. I had no idea the capabilities of it all, and I am happy to admit I was wrong. I pledge to use what I have learned and what I will continue to learn in my classroom in all the years that I will be teaching!

No comments: