A bit about me....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My teaching ideas

I have been so lucky to be offered a class during my college education which has taught me so many different technology tools that I can use in the classroom. Before entering this class I had no idea the vast array of things that are at our finger tips for us to use as teachers. I guess my thoughts were pretty old fashioned. Pretty much teaching lesson plans taken out of the book, assignments, and writing papers. I would have only thought of using the computer to access the Internet to look up information for assignments. I was so out of date already!! Now that I have seen how you can use things like class blogs to really captivate your students into wanting to learn the material and post it and get instant feedback. It is so exciting to see to what level this can take the classroom.
There are also podcast in which students can access so many types of information and are able to listen to it rather then just read it. There is so much information out there that again you are not just limited to the Internet for the sources you know have audio podcasts. Like my professor has done in this class I think it would be great to have a weekly podcast that the students are able to broadcast what they have learned and done throughout the week.
Another great tool is igoogle. You can do documents and presentations. There is free e-mail available to whomever wants it. You can personalize your page with current events , sports, news ect. The list goes on and on when it comes to igoogle. The best thing about all the things that I have named is that they are free! What a wonderful thing for teachers to have to teach in a way that will keep a student captivated! Again I just get so excited about my future as a teacher and what I will have as far as teaching ideas!

No comments: