A bit about me....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

After graduation

After I graduate I would like to be a high school Geography or History teacher. I see myself probably in the public school system, but have yet to make a for sure decision on that. As long as I can think back I could picture myself in front of the classroom. I prefer to teach at the high school level because I feel it is such an important developmental stage in which they are becoming who they are going to be as adults. I would like to be a positive role model in their lives. I was very lucky to have had three stand out teachers when I was in high school. They are the reason that I want to pursue this field. It is really nice to know that you have someone who really cares about you outside your own family, and in many cases these students don't even have the care of their own families.
I would also like to get involved with my school outside of academics. I would love to participate in different clubs and also be a coach. I think it is so important for children to get involved in extra curricular activities. A busy student is a student that will stay out of trouble. I also believe it is very character building which helps them with the confidence in the classroom as well. Just writing about this gets me excited for it. I can't wait to teach them and more importantly the things that they will teach me!

No comments: