A bit about me....

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A little bit about me:I am married to my husband Johnathan and we have a 21 month old son named Nathan. I have decided after many years to go back to school and get my degree in Secondary Education in Social Sciences while being a stay at home mom. It is a hard balance but one I am looking forward to completing and doing my life long dream which is an educator. As long as I can remember I have pictured myself in the classroom and I am glad that i have decided not to let this dream go but to pursue it and finish what I started so long ago.
I see myself in a local high school teaching Geography. I have always felt I could hold the attention of a classroom and I am looking forward to the challenge of teaching teenagers. I think as a teacher I know how to be there to instruct but also to be there for them to mentor them and have as. a role model to look up to. Especially if they do not have any others in their life. I also see myself as a coach of soccer, track or cheer leading to help really be a part of the school in which I am a teacher.
Ideas for Teaching:
I want to have an interactive classroom in which all the students are able to communicate with each other via Internet, blogs, and e-mails. I have realized the importance of the technology that is out there and I want to utilize it in my classroom. I believe it keeps the children very linked into what is going on.
I definitely want to make my classes fun and make sure that the no children are left behind. I believe if children are having fun they will enjoy the work and will be interested in the information that is being taught.
Teaching at a Private School versus Public School:
Retirement benifits
Different educational learning
Caliber of students
My Goals as a teacher:
As a teacher I want the kids to want to learn the information
I want to keep the info interesting and fun
I want to continue to educate and learn new info along the way
I want to keep on top of technology advances in the classroom
I want to make a difference in many children's lives
I want to love my job

No comments: